5 Factors That Affect the Power Washing Services Cost
Power washing is a great way to clean the exterior of your home. It can remove dirt, dust, and grime from siding, brick, concrete, and other surfaces. Not only will your home look cleaner, but it will also be protected from the elements. Professional power washers use high-pressure water to clean surfaces quickly and efficiently. They have the right equipment and experience to get the job done right. If you’re considering hiring a professional to power wash your home, here are five factors that will affect the power washing services cost.
- Size of the Job: Generally, the bigger the job, the more it will cost. If you need a large area power washed like your driveway or deck, expect to pay significantly more than if you just needed your siding washed.
- Type of Surface Being Cleaned: Different surfaces require different cleaning methods and materials. Power washing wood may require special cleaners and could take longer, so that could affect the price.
- Difficulty of Accessibility: The more difficult it is for professionals to access an area, such as hard-to-reach spots on a roof or balconies on tall buildings, the higher the cost may be.
- Cleaning Frequency: Some clients only have their homes pressure washed once in a while, while others require more frequent services. If you need regular power washing, the professional may be able to give you a discount for long-term services.
- Location of Service: Location is an important factor in determining the cost of power washing services. Areas with higher labor costs or higher demand for these types of services will tend to have higher prices than rural areas or those with lower labor costs.
The average cost of power washing services typically ranges from $100 to $300 per hour. However, this price can vary based on the size and difficulty of the job, type of surface being cleaned, frequency of cleaning, and location. It’s best to get quotes from several different professionals so you can compare prices and determine which one is best for your needs.
Power washing your home can be a great way to clean it up and protect it from the elements, but the cost of professional services can add up. Here are five ways to save money on power washing:
- Request a Quote: The best way to get an accurate estimate of the cost of power washing services is to request a quote from several professionals. This will give you a good idea of the range of prices and allow you to compare services.
- Negotiate: Many professionals are willing to negotiate on price, so don’t be afraid to ask for a discount. If you’re hiring them for regular services, they may be more likely to give you a discount than if you’re just hiring them for a one-time job.
- Do It Yourself: If you have the time and the equipment, you can save money by power washing home yourself. This can be a time-consuming process, but it can be worth it if you’re on a tight budget.
- Use a Coupon: Many professionals offer coupons or discounts, so be sure to ask if any are available.
- Split the Cost: If you have friends or family who want their homes power washed too, consider splitting the cost with them. This can help reduce the overall cost per person and make it more affordable.